Our frames are made of horn, a strong organic material that requires a little care. We recommend that you treat the frame with the enclosed wax every three months. The wax forms a protecting layer on the surface of the frame.
1. Pour cold tap water over the lenses and use a microfiber cloth to polish them. Don’t soak the frame, but wipe it with a slightly damp cotton cloth.
2. Put a little wax on a cotton cloth and rub the frame with soft circular motions.
3. Wipe off excess wax and make sure there’s nothing left on the lenses.
4. We recommend that you do not wear the glasses in chlorinated water. Also, don’t place your spectacles close to strong heat sources or humid places for extended periods.
5. Don’t try to correct your frame yourself. Have it adjusted by us or another optician. All opticians can adjust our frames.
6. Don’t wear glasses on top of your head. It looks good, but the stretching and bending can extend and damage them, so they’ll need adjustment.
7. Always keep your glasses in a proper case when not using them, so they’re protected.